What is your minimalist approach to creating lists? I am new to list building. I was checking out a few Kartra DFY campaigns and notice many action steps have their own lists. That seems incredibly cluttered. What are the names of your bare minimal approach? Love to hear your thought process.
I’m a huge fan of keeping your Lists lean – your Leads can see all of the Lists and Sequences they are subscribed to, so with that in mind, you don’t want them to be subscribed to a list for every freebie they got, every product they purchased, etc.
There are my suggestions to start with:
Master List – important news and updates you don’t want to miss!
Client List – (if you send different types of emails to them vs. master list).
Newsletter List – state how frequently these go out so the lead can decide to stay or unsubscribe.
Then you can add a list IF it’s something that you send email about regularly (otherwise there’s no real need to have a List).
You do not need to use Lists to group people by their actions in Kartra.
- You do not need a List for your freebies (lead magnets) and products. You can filter for these natively in Kartra (in Leads, use the three dots in the top right to filter; in email recipients you can filter for this as well).
- You absolutely do NOT want to have Lists like “signed up for webinar but didn’t buy” or “cold leads” – would you want to see that if you were one of your subscribers??
What you do want to use Lists for:
- If you’re going to do a launch or an extended promotion for something and you don’t want people to be annoyed if they aren’t interested – create a List for that promo and then delete it afterwards.
- If you are going to send reminder emails or weekly updates to a group of leads (like your membership or clients who are in a group program)
- If you plan on sending emails about a specific topic that you think some of your leads may want to unsubscribe from specifically.
What is your minimalist approach to creating lists?